Bioglitter® Sparkle Credentials
|Europe||European Cosmetic Regulation 1223/2009|
|USA||FDA Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) Title 21|
|China||Hygienic Standard for Cosmetics, July 2007|
|Japan||Ministry of Health, Labor and Welfare Ordinance No 126 of July 29, 2003. QD (JSQI) regulation NOT applicable|
|Australia||Industrial Chemicals (Notification & Assessment) Act 1998 and Cosmetic Standards 2007|
|Korea||Korean Cosmetic Products Act (KPCA), 2000|
- European Cosmetic Regulation 1223/2009
- FDA Code of Federal Regulations(CFR) Title 21 (exception; contains aluminium, not compliant on lips)
- Hygienic Standard for Cosmetics, July 2007
- Ministry of Health, Labor and Welfare Ordinance No 126 of July 29, 2003. QD (JSQI) regulation NOT applicable
- Industrial Chemicals (Notification & Assessment) Act 1998 and Cosmetic Standards 2007
- Korean Cosmetic Products Act (KPCA), 2000
FDA REGULATIONS EXTRA COMMENT
- FDA regulations do not permit the use of aluminium on the lips.
- FDA regulations do not permit the use of many red D&C pigments around the eyes.
One or both of the above apply to some Bio-glitter® products. Please consult specific product details for more information.
RULES ABOUT BIODEGRADABLE GLITTER SIZE AND USE AROUND THE EYES.
To our knowledge, although not specifically specified within any cosmetic regulations, the cosmetic industry applies a self-imposed limit of maximum 150mirons (006 size) to cosmetic particles used around the eyes.
ANTIMONY LEVELS IN BIODEGRADABLE GLITTER.
Antimony levels in Bio-glitter® are below levels of detection. Total content analysis by Inductive Coupled Argon Plasma Spectrometry <5ppm, which is the limit of the test.
Historically the cosmetic industry has made a special exception to Antimony levels in polyester glitter and has allowed levels up to 150ppm. Compounds of Antimony are used as catalysts during the production of polyester which results in contamination and Antimony levels higher than the background. There is no upper limit to Antimony levels in non-cosmetic glitter!
ECOLOGICAL CREDENTIALS OF BIODEGRADABLE GLITTER
- Sustainability: Special cellulose core derived from hardwoods, primarily eucalyptus, sustainably sourced from responsibly managed and certified plantations operating to PEFC™ www.pefc.org standards.
- Biodegradability: Bioglitter® has been independently tested by OWS to ISO 14851 – Fresh Water Biodegradability and proven to biodegrade in fresh water, e.g. river and lake water. Test results show that the vast majority of the biodegradable content in Bioglitter® Sparkle products biodegraded in just 28 days and therefore confirms that it biodegrades in challenging natural environments, like rivers and lakes. This proves that the coatings applied during manufacture do not impair the known ability of its unique cellulose core to biodegrade in the natural environment.
- Currently, the biodegradable content of Bioglitter® Sparkle is at the minimum limit needed to achieve OK biodegradable WATER certification. However, Bioglitter® is committed to further reducing the plastic content while increasing the biodegradable content in Cosmetic Bioglitter® Sparkle development journey and fully expect to achieve the highest OK biodegradable WATER certification criteria in the near future.
- Modified Regenerated Cellulose Glitter Core Film is:
- Industrial Composting EN13432, EN14995, ASTM D6400 & ISO 17088 Certified.
- Anaerobic Digestion ISO 15985 Approved.
- Home Compostability OK Compost Home, Certified.
- Soil and Waste Water Biodegradation ISO 15985 Approved.
- Fresh Water Biodegradation ISO 14851 Approved.
- Marine Biodegradation ASTM D6601-09 Approved.
- Ecotoxicity: Ecotoxicity and heavy metals test results for Bioglitter® Sparkle meet the Environmental safety and Chemical characteristics requirements for OK biodegradable WATER certification
- Plastic Free Content: 92%
- Biodegradable Content: 90%