Bioglitter® SPARKLE & PURE Credentials
COSMETIC BIOGLITTER™ SPARKLE
Biodegradability: Independently tested by OWS Belgium to ISO14851/2 fresh water biodegradability and proven to biodegrade highly in the natural environment.
- 87% biodegradation achieved in a month. Only 3% off meeting the performance criteria required for certification.
- Bioglitter® are working to remove the last bits of plastic. This will improve the biodegradability performance, allowing it to become certified.
Ethically and Sustainably Sourced Raw Materials:
- Special cellulose core derived from hardwoods, primarily eucalyptus, sustainably sourced from responsibly managed and certified plantations operating to PEFC™ www.pefc.org standards.
COSMETIC BIOGLITTER™ PURE (our iridescent range)
Biodegradability: Certified OK Biodegradable WATER by TÜV Austria
- The highest level of independent certification for fresh water biodegradability in the world
- Biodegrades quickly and safely in the natural environment
Ethically and sustainably sourced raw materials:
- Natural coating and special cellulose core derived from hardwoods, primarily eucalyptus, sustainably sourced from responsibly managed and certified plantations operating to PEFC™ www.pefc.org standards.
COSMETIC SAFETY CREDENTIALS
COSMETIC BIOGLITTER™ PURE & SPARKLE ranges are compliant with the following cosmetic regulations:
|Europe||European Cosmetic Regulation 1223/2009|
FDA Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) Title 21
Safety and Technical Standards for Cosmetics (2015)
|Japan||Ministry of Health, Labor and Welfare Ordinance No 126 of July 29, 2003. QD (JSQI) regulation NOT applicable|
|Australia||Industrial Chemicals (Notification & Assessment) Act 1998 and Cosmetic Standards 2007|
|Korea||Korean Cosmetic Products Act (KPCA), 2000|
FDA REGULATIONS EXTRA COMMENT
- FDA regulations do not permit the use of aluminium on the lips.
- FDA regulations do not permit the use of many red D&C pigments around the eyes.
- FDA regulations do not permit the use of Iron Blue pigment on lips
Please consult specific product details for more information.
RULES ABOUT BIODEGRADABLE GLITTER SIZE AND USE AROUND THE EYES.
To our knowledge there is no specific cosmetic regulation, however, the cosmetic industry applies a self-imposed limit of maximum 150mirons (maximum 006 glitter size) to cosmetic particles used around the eyes.
Therefore, according to this rule Bioglitter™ sizes, 004 (100micron) and 006 (150micron) are suitable for use around eyes.
Bioglitter™ is a precision cut product and all particles are the same size, unlike effect pigments such as micas or pearlescents which have a particle size distribution comprising of a mix of particle sizes.
ANTIMONY LEVELS IN BIODEGRADABLE GLITTER.
Cosmetic Bioglitter™ contains low levels of heavy metals and is Antimony free (<0.5 ppm total content analysis, which is below detectable levels).
Cosmetic polyester glitter can have antimony levels as high as 150ppm and non-cosmetic polyester grades can have significantly higher levels. The antimony in polyester glitter is a by-product of a catalyst used in the manufacture of polyester and can negatively and adversely affect health.
✨ this information has been taken directly from Bioglitter™ website where they share all the credentials. You can view this page here